One would think that that the ads would just write themselves for next year’s elections … particularly against all of those Republican Senators running for re-election this time around.
Just provide a list of their damn votes … or at least of their silence.
- Opposition to ANY form of sensible gun control.
- Repeal of Obamacare while offering no replacement plan whatsoever.
- Complete denial that Global Warming is having real effects.
- Silence in the face of the overwhelmingly inhumane treatment of migrants at our southern borders.
- Votes to confirm some of the at best, most unqualified, and at worst, most completely antithetical individuals to ever be nominated for a position in the Presidential Cabinet.
- Vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh.
- Votes to confirm virtually ANY person the Federalist Society has recommended that Trump nominate for lifetime appointments as Federal judges, regardless of how absurdly unqualified they were.
- At least Kavanaugh was an experienced judge.
- He also happens to be a complete moron and a very likely perpetrator of sexual assault which he lied about under oath.
- Some of the people nominated and confirmed for Federal judgeships are beyond belief.
Democrats running against these incumbent Senators need only provide a list of these votes and/or positions.
If Republican voters are going to vote for them anyway, at least clearly identify the types of things their votes support. It might not (probably won’t) get any Republican votes for a Democratic candidate, but I would think there is a chance it might just disgust some Republicans enough to keep them from voting for these clowns again.