- Pearl (aka Roger William Koehler) was born in Milwaukee Wisconsin.
- Mother Margaret, deceased, was a teacher. Father Herbert, deceased, was a Lutheran minister. One brother Dennis, deceased and one sister Karen, living in California.
- Grew up and graduated from high school in Bloomer Wisconsin – class of ’70.
- Served 4 years in the United States Air Force. Was a passport agent for the Presidential Squadron at Andrews Air Force Base Maryland during the time of Watergate – a very interesting time to be in Washington DC.
- Graduated from the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse in 1979.
- Worked as a consultant and independent IBM language programmer for about 17 years, ten of which were for my own sole proprietorship.
- Worked the last 12+ years prior to retirement as a travelling consultant and software trainer for API Healthcare, which was eventually acquired by, and is now part of GE Healthcare.
- Moved with my wife, Deborah, to New Mexico prior to retiring. We have made our new home in Rio Rancho – a northern suburb of Albuquerque.
- Retired from GE Healthcare in 2017.
- Primary activities in retirement including working out, woodworking projects and volunteering for the Albuquerque BioPark (Zoo, Aquarium and Botanic Garden).
- I have two sons, Robert and Paul, from my first marriage,
Where did the nickname Pearl come from?
- The nickname is not widely known or used, but it was a favorite nickname of mine, known only to a few friends, and particularly by my high school basketball teammates. My favorite professional basketball player growing up was Earl “the Pearl” Monroe.