I just wanted to take an opportunity to thank all of you who it appears have recently begun following this personal blog of mine. I have been looking at ways to try and increase the exposure and something, at least, appears to be working.
Hopefully, you have had a chance to look around some of the different topics that I cover on this blog. I started doing this not long after I retired at the end of 2016. You may see that I cover a fairly wide range of topics. These include …
- Entertainment reviews, including movies and books.
- Time travel. I have an entire, specific section devoted entirely to movies and books related to time travel – a particular passion of mine. In my research I have discovered well over 200 books relating to time travel and I have a post which includes alphabetical lists of those books, as well as a written synopsis of many of them, so you might more easily be able to determine whether the particular subject of the time travel experience is something that might interest you.
- Recipes. I am no expert in this regard at all. But I have a few favorite recipes which I share on my blog, including an excellent one that I admit was my own creation – a low carb pizza which actually has a decent crust.
- Editorials, which admittedly skew definitely toward the political. I am certainly no fan of the current occupant of the Oval Office and that feeling just MIGHT show through a bit in my editorials. 🙂
- Things about New Mexico – our new home in retirement – including a review of activities which are unique to this area such as our annual international hot-air balloon fiesta.
- Travel. We have been fortunate to take many trips, not only around the U.S. but to other parts of the world as well. We traveled to Italy a few years ago and I have an extensive post, with pictures, not only about what we saw but which also hopefully provides some suggestions for those who might be considering a trip there themselves.
- Personal projects.
- My wife Deborah is an artist who paints on silk, and also paints with watercolors. There is a post with a link to an interactive PDF that contains almost all of the art work Deborah has created over the past 20 years.
- I am very much an amateur wood worker, but I have had some fun creating a few projects for our home, including an outdoor pergola which is nearing completion in the wild, outback area of home which faces the Sandia Mountains. I anticipate that I will be posting pictures of that completed project probably sometime near the end of this month (April 2018).
- We have also done some extensive home remodeling and there are before and after pictures of some of those recently completed projects.
For my own reference, if you have a chance, I would love to hear from you just to briefly let me know how you became aware of my blog. As I mentioned earlier, I am trying things to try and increase the exposure. Feedback from you might help me better figure out what is working, and what is not. You may contact me directly by clicking on the CONTACT link at the top right of my blog home page, or by sending an email directly to me at email@example.com
So, once again, welcome to my blog and thank you for following.